Sultan Abdul Samad Building Coaster
The Sultan Abdul Samad Building in the heart of Kuala Lumpur was witness to history in the making when, on the Padang fronting the building, at the stroke of midnight on 30 August 1957 as its clock pealed out the hour, the Union Jack was lowered for the last time and the flag of an independent Malaya hoisted. Coaster in satin finish pewter.
Designed in the Indo-Saracenic style by A. C. Norman, R. A. J. Bidwell and A. B. Hubback of the Selangor Public Works Department, the Government Offices of the Federated Malay States was completed in 1897. Renamed in 1974 in honour of the reigning sultan at the beginning of its construction, the building housed Malaysia’s Court of Appeal, High Court and the Supreme Court from 1978 until the early 21st century when they moved to the new administrative capital of Putrajaya.
Space is available for personalisation.
About the collection
A selection of objects from the subtle to the ornate, representing the many aspects of Malaysia.